Broken Homes and Broken Bones
For those who do not know, I live close to the inner city. Even my neighbourhood is considered low income, despite all the re-gentrification that has happened in the past ten years. As I walk to work, one can not help but notice all the abandoned houses due to fires or closures by the health board. My neighbourhood is littered with them and so is the McCauley area. Boarded up to prevent squatters, these places tend to just sit there and take up space for years, the landlords just leave the lots as they are or empty. I can not help but to make an analogy of these broken homes with some people that I serve, those whose spirits and bones have been broken. You encounter people like this coming from all walks of life and from all cultural and economic circumstances. When really wounded there is always that "danger keep out" sign in front of them. Boarded up to protect what shell of a house remains. As sad as this analogy may seem, there is hope f...
Comments
Post a Comment